If your PMP training course outline covers all these topics, you will be able to attend the examination confidently and clear it with ease. Become a part of the ecosystem with more than 1 million certified project management professionals and take your project management career to the next level. Commit to your professional development and create a plan that is actionable, measurable, and possible. Most importantly, put that plan into action so your ongoing professional development efforts are successful.
- Project Management Academy is a Premier member of Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Authorized Training Partner (ATP) program.
- The latest addition to the lab activities is ChatGPT and other generative AI.
- You’ll establish a systematic process for auditing and advancing your skills, boosting your professional agility.
- I thought I failed, and didn’t even answer all the questions as I raced to finish the exam in the allotted time.
Helping you through your career transition with significantly discounted project management training courses. If obtaining the PMP certification is a career goal, get focused training and ensure your training provider is PMI Authorized Trainer; you want to ensure your financial investment and your time investment is protected. As a Premier partner of PMI’s Authorized Training Partner (ATP) Program, Project Management Academy (PMA) teaches the PMI Authorized Exam Prep course materials, with exclusive lessons to ensure PMA students have a deep understanding of the PMBOK® Guide content. The upcoming PMBOK® Guide – Seventh edition has updates including performance domains, tailoring, and models, methods, and artifacts. At a conceptual level, the PMBOK® Guide– Seventh edition is an update in all things project management for all PMP® credential holders. Project Management Academy’s free PMP exam practice questions are based on relevant A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) topics.
A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) 7th Edition and the PMP® Certification
If you only want to read and view the course content, you can audit the course for free. The latest edition of the PMBOK ® Guide – 6th edition (Project Management Body of Knowledge) guide, was released in September 2017. It contains 5 process groups and 10 knowledge areas, across which 49 Project Management processes are mapped. Yes, even if there’s only one student signed up, and even if students are unable to travel and must attend online. While other providers often postpone courses due to low enrollment, we promise to never do that.
PMO Advisory is one of the most specialized project management training and consulting firm. On training, we are a Project Management Institute Authorized Training Provider (#4172), and we offer one of the most comprehensive variety of project management courses, from portfolio to risk management. On consulting, our specialties are establishing PMOs, leading project execution, and auditing project environment. We also specialize in non-profit sector, blending a strong sense of mission with strategic business execution. Steve has been involved in the Information Technology Industry for over 35 years and is experienced in the management and control of all aspects of technology projects. Steve has successfully delivered a myriad projects in a large number of industry segments.
PMBOK® Guide – 6th edition knowledge areas and processes
Lesson 4 provides and overview of PMBOK Processes and products and how they may be applied to simple and multiple phase projects. The PMP Certification is valid for three years, starting from the day the candidate clears the exam. In this period, the candidate must earn 60 PDUs to maintain the PMP credential after the completion of 3 years. All we ask in return is your commitment to study hard and take full advantage of the extensive PMP exam prep study aids we provide to set you up for success on your PMP exam journey. With over 75 live PMP training course locations across the U.S. and Canada, we have the largest geographic reach for live PMP classes in North America.
- With a track record of founding over 20 innovative test prep websites, Bryce has helped countless students and professionals pass their certification exams and achieve their dreams.
- The Project Management Institute (PMI) produces A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) as a global standard for all things project management.
- Refer to PMI’s handout comparing the 6th to 7th edition PMBOK® Guide for a point-by-point comparison.
- On training, we are a Project Management Institute Authorized Training Provider (#4172), and we offer one of the most comprehensive variety of project management courses, from portfolio to risk management.
- If your PMP training course outline covers all these topics, you will be able to attend the examination confidently and clear it with ease.
If you can’t find a location that is convenient for you, we run multiple PMP classes weekly that you can attend online that fits your schedule. Our online courses are a great option for flexible training from your home or office. We have been running in-person PMP courses in compliance with local guidelines since June 2020. I recently completed all the modules and prepping for the PMP exam scheduled for Sep/Oct. For online testing, ensure your system is ready for exam day by conducting an OnVue system test.
PMBOK® Guide – 6th edition process groups
After clearing the necessary eligibility requirements for the PMP Certification, including the 35 hours of training/learning, the application process can be started. In short, getting a PMP Certification 2021 PMBOK 6 (Intermediate) Lessons PMP certification can take up to 8-10 weeks, including the preparation and PMP Certification training. However, I did not do this alone, and I did not use a sole source to achieve this.
- You will be spending many hours studying, so it’s critical to find a PMI-ACP training course that best fits your learning style and background.
- Both the Sixth and Seventh editions of the PMBOK® Guide are primary resources for PMP exam prep as they align with many of the concepts on the PMP Examination Content Outline (“PMP ECO”).
- If you are unable to travel to your course on your reserved date, a course will be delivered to you online on that date.
- It is important to do a PMBOK® Guide review, more than once, as part of an overall study approach.
- It includes making multiple sideways adjustments in the balance as you move forward.
You will be spending many hours studying, so it’s critical to find a PMI-ACP training course that best fits your learning style and background. A structured learning path and dedicated preparation are needed to get PMP certified. Skillsoft is providing you the opportunity to earn a digital badge upon successful completion on some of our courses, which can be shared on any social network or business platform. If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the “I have a booking number” option. If the details match, you will be taken to the “Create account” page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Timothy Krambs, PMP
Many of us don’t look at instructions for bike riding, but merely ‘work out the details’ and never truly understand how this all works. The 5 process groups are initiating, planning, executing, monitoring/controlling, and closing. Hosted live via web-meeting software in multiple time zones across the US and globally.
This course offers key insights into strategies for skills-based hiring, enabling you to identify and analyze job-specific skills in your chosen field. You’ll establish a systematic process for auditing and advancing your skills, boosting your professional agility. Throughout this course, you’ll become familiar with Generative AI as a forward-thinking tool for skills assessment, self-assessment, and development.
Therefore, you should use the PMBOK® Guide 7th Edition, as well as online resources, to prep for your PMP exam. Being a Project Management Professional goes beyond earning the PMP certification status. Join PMAccelerate for exclusive access to training, discounts, jobs, tools, and professional development opportunities to boost your skills, job impact, and career prospects. The first lesson, “Specialization at a Glance,” walks you through all stages of career self-management training and certification, giving you a bird’s-eye view of the specialization.
- We also specialize in non-profit sector, blending a strong sense of mission with strategic business execution.
- All of our instructors are required to have an active PMP credential, have at least 7 years’ experience managing projects, and be an experienced educator.
- If you’ve already taken other courses in the specialization, you can either skip this lesson or skim through it quickly to refresh your memory.
- The Project Management Institute (PMI)® plans a new edition of the A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) for release on August 1, 2021.
- We asked all learners to give feedback on our instructors based on the quality of their teaching style.
- However, I did not do this alone, and I did not use a sole source to achieve this.